Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Off Season




Well I just enjoyed a restful week off. I usually take this week off for deer hunting and to spend time with the family. I did not see a deer in the woods even though I spent quite a bit of time sitting. I did however manage to get drunk 4 nights in a row and closed the bars on 2 of those nights. So I guess I accomplished something. On Wednesday I had finally recovered enough to get to the Y. Decided to start weight lifting again. I hadn't lifted in 9 months or so. It wasn't that bad. I started easy but, discovered I hadn't lost any strength really over that last year. Which was nice I can start right where I left off. I was sore but, I managed to lift and do the elliptical for at least an hour on Wednesday, Thursday and, Saturday. The one thing I am going to do different this year is, I plan on doing maximum strength workouts this year. Last year was first year lifting and I took it fairly easy. Hopefully I can build more explosive strength in my legs. I also am using barbells in my hands for the step up instead of the barbell on the shoulders. Its just faster when the gym is busy. I'm not sure if I can keep doing it, my hands are weak. I tried doing dip downs instead of step ups and realized I was just asking to hurt my knee. So the game plan is to lift into February and start mixing riding in toward the end. For now I am cross training on the elliptical machines at the Y. They feel comfortable and give a good workout. I usually do some intervals on them after lifting. Not sure why. Well what ever you do this winter remember to ">

No comments:

Post a Comment