Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wednesday Short Track "Race" Report


I think we had nine people show up for the weekly throwdown at the Camp. It must not be that tough because one guy was even competing on a singlespeed. We did the usual full lap of the singletrack then went back to the lot for refills. Then we went back and did a practice lap of the pink loop you can see on map. Had to move a small tree. Then Swede drew the finish line and we were all set to "race". Shoe told me to call it so I looked around and yelled GO. I got the jump on everybody and lead themto the base of the big hill. Then I kinda got swarmed and had to work to hold wheels. The first lap was fast and I thought I was getting dropped but, I managed to get back on. The rest of the laps on the straightaway were kinda sedate. No one waanted to work it seemed. So we all coasted down the gradual hill. I was at the back most of the race which was kinda hard because of the yo-yo effect. Everyone slows down then sprints to catch back up. SO I moved up on the last two laps. I pulled a little on the second to last and then the last lap I tried to be the first down the hill into the hard lefthand corner. Swede decided he was going to sprint me for the top of that hill. I pretty much blew up right then. I managed to hold his wheel after the corner mostly because I took a better line then him. After that I knew I would be slow up the big hill and I fell from second to last. After that it was just try to hold wheels to the finish. Swede and Tyson ended up sprinting for the win with Swede taking it by a half wheel. J-Vog and shoe were right there too. I was about 20 bike lengths back by then. It was a good night. I think we almost had spectators at one point. Maybe next week we switch it up and go backwards? It definitely gets you ready to race. See ya outside... At Nordic Mtn?

No comments:

Post a Comment