Saturday, February 12, 2011

Longtail or Bust!
















I finally made it today. I think this morning was the nicest day of the year so far. I left home to brilliant sunshine and temps in the teens warming into the 20s. A brisk south wind pushed me towards my destination. I didn't warm many layers and still was sweating quite a bit. I looked it up online and it was 6 miles one way as the crow flies. But, Duck creek zigs and zags so I know it was longer than that. The snow on the bay was so wind swept and compacted the skis barely bit in at all. The ice was mostly flat and smooth except out by long tail you can see there was a large pressure ridge. An Ice fisherman on duck creek said the Ice was 30" thick. Not long after that I was passed by a minivan. I thought "you don't see that out at the Reforestation camp". So all in all a good morning. I think I got sunburnt. Will I make it outside tomorrow???

No comments:

Post a Comment