Monday, September 26, 2011

Holy Schnikes! WORs #11 Bear Paw



Wow that was my muddiest race ever. It rained pretty much all night getting the course into perfect condition for a mudbath. Cold wasn't a factor during the race even though it rained the whole time. I trashed my legs jogging the day before so I wasn't expecting much from this race. Sure enough I managed to be dead last up the start climb. Things started going better and I picked off a few people in the first doubletrack. Felt real confident in the singletrack with my Specialized Captains mounted front and rear. I was glad I had them too. Eventually things got so muddy I just started running the steep parts. I passed quite a few people that way the first lap. But after that my body started giving out and I started getting caught. The third lap was so bad I couldn't even keep a straight line on the doubletrack. Just got sucked all over the place. Managed to lay it down twice. Its so fun to just slide on your side and not be able to stop yourself. It was still fun and I love this race course. They really stepped up the course with some new singletrack. This is a Legit mtb race. Better than racing on mowed grass any day. My daughter also came and did her first official kids race. She did great and avoided two crashes. Just glad to share the things I care about with the people I care about. Hopefully I can get body to start enjoying jogging trying to get ready for this. Other than that hope to see everybody at Sheboygan. Looking forward to refreshments afterwards thats for sure. See ya outside...

No comments:

Post a Comment