Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Crystal Lake/Rabid Porcupin Attack/Low Water/Short Track Hurts/Lazy Weekend/Camelbak Issues




So very belated update. The Rhinelander Race went very well for me. I felt good during the leadout just tried to follow wheels and not blow up on the leadout. I started moving up after the first curves and sat around 10th climbing the hill. The nice thing was I knew I could have gone to the front if I wanted. In hindsight I should have because we started catching traffic at the hill. Did a nice pass on the super fast flowy section after the hills. Wish I had been first into the singletrack so I could use my superior single track Blocking skills. Rhinelander is awesome because there are so many easy places to pass. This was the most passing I had ever done during a race. efinitely helped the confidence. End of the firsst lap I was hammering so hard I almost hit the yellow tape across the doubletrack guiding us into the fresh cut single. Guess I should look up more? Fried my low back on the doubletrack lapping through but, I moved up quite a few spots. Caught one of Schiewsows and rode with him for a while. Got over excited at the end of the last lap and wiped out on the wood bridge. I got lucky and didn't get any splinter though. I was happy with my effort. As you can see by the pictures i also got charged by a angry porcupine. Had to slam the door in his face. He then got stuck between the screen and the door. There were quills everywhere. It was his fault for eating our deck and waking me up at midnight. The water was super low. The boat was almost hanging from the dock. The drought up there is really starting to show. So nice weekend. After that I didn't ride much. Did the wednesday ride at the camp. Which Shoe managed to subvert into a Short Track race. It was fun, the soil was so dry my tires weren't hooking up and I wiped out on a corner. Barrel roll with face plant. Got back up and started chasing. Caught the other Jesse after he hit a pole. Kept pushing and caught Tyson right before the end. Glad I kept pushing even after I couldn't see anybody. Good workout, if you want to max your HR. Didn't do much the rest of the rest of the week. Three trips up dickinson rd on Sunday. I think that must be the longest hill in our area? Takes me about 8 minutes to the #4400 mailbox. Rode my bike to the Bike Hub last night to have Tom look at the rear Hub. Disassembled the whole wheel and decided to order the new free hub. Trek kinda sucks with their warranty, they think nobody ever sells their bikes? It definitely is a design issue. The wheel is in good shape otherwise. Saw the Shoe last night rollerblading with his other of significinze. It was a nice night to ride on the trail. And I got to introduce the Top Fuel into the ways of a bike Path Ninja. Tonight if its dry I am going to Wausau to preride. Thats if I had remembered my cycling apperal. Sigh, with so much going on its hard to remember everything. Its too bad it was perfectly sunny over in wausau today. So I realized that my camelbak was actually forcing my head down while riding. And I was straining my neck to keep my head up. Has anyone else had this problem? Its too bad I like the camelback. I probably will be looking for some handups at wausau instead. See ya outside...

No comments:

Post a Comment