Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Pleasure and the Pain








Well another new years day ride is in the books. The pleasure was the ride and stopping for coffee, the pain was getting your face wind burnt and getting hit with flying debris. I think I dressed the best for this one. I was pretty comfortable except I should have brought a face mask. Bike Hub/Spesh was well represented with I and Justin Piontek attending. Justins whole family came along too. It was fun but, the winds out the south/west really hurt! At times it was a slow motion suffer fest into the wind. After making it to De Pere we stopped at a Coffee shop to warm up. Then it was a rather fast roll up broadway over to Lambeau Field. After all we were with the Titletown Flyers. After the mandatory pictures it was a few hard miles into the wind back to He-Nis-Ra park. I think the wind shifted from the south to the west during our ride? It was fun and the roads were perfect. Very little Ice to be seen. Have to do it some more. SO whats next? The PLAN starts Tuesday for me. Not much will change. I will be doing more skiing and yoga. But, I will start riding two times a week. To start getting into biking shape. I need to get more cycling videos to watch for entertainment. Though I don't mind watching TV. Also when I broke out the old WOR horse today I really broke it! The fork gave up the ghost during the ride and stuck me in a Aero position. Also the front brakes started rubbing and I had to release them. It was all good tho. The plan for that bike is to make it a rigid single speed. Piontek showed me a single speed is plenty fast today. The first picture is of my cycling studio. Hopefully I spend some good hours there this spring. I am looking forward to this new year. I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment