Saturday, February 6, 2010

2009 year in Review





Is it too late to have a year in Review? Here it is anyway. I was reading my goals for last season and realized I met one of them. My goals for last season were to win a sport mtb race, finish in the top 250 at cheq 40 and, move up to cat 4 on the road. Well I did not win a WORS sport race but, I came close. I finsihed 4th once and had a couple of top tens including a 6th 4 weeks after breaking my hand. I finished 234th at cheq 40 and was the 225th male. And I didn't move up to cat 4 because, I just didn't have time to do enough races. Though I probably only have to do 3 or 4 more now. High point of the season was probably the cheq 40 or maybe getting killed by Cole House on a training ride in the spring. Gummi bears and coke, I'm just sayin. Low point in the season was calling my wife and telling her I broke my hand. Yes honey I am a idiot. Close second was flatting out of Rhinelander while in lead group of race and feeling good. Stewed all the way home and then went and did hill repeats in the rain to vent. Suprisingly my top tens just made me feel bad because, I wanted to win so bad. Hardest races were whitefish bay with J-vog and the Subaru cup because it was so hot. Best non racing part of the season was getting my new bike, the top fuel. Well thats making me look foward to 2010. Time to ride the trainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment