Friday, October 1, 2010

Bear Paw Breakdown

Headed up to Bear Paw last weekend to see some friendly faces and hopefully be more competive. I have managed to ride a little bit more lately. So I was hopeful for the race. I prerode on Saturday and felt good. I had a little cough so I only did 1 lap. Then I went to Family night at the Y with my Kids and sat in the Hot tub. Best race prep ever. Sunday I had a good long warm up on the road mostly with J-Vog. Relaxed till Don said Gooo. Then I hit it. Had a good start, like I have been this year. It seems like I have lost any power. And I stayed in the top ten till the bottom of the long descent. By that time my lungs were burning. From the cold? More likely just lost quite a bit of aerobic capcity over the summer. So it took the rest of the 1st lap to recover. The second lap I felt great. I zoomed up the hill and motored thru most of the second lap. The third lap I felt great up the hil and then the legs lost the power. Kinda sad for that short of a race. I think the consensus on Bear Paw is that it is a tough but very fun race. I would rather race their twice then do Kewaskum once. I am looking forward to Sheboygan and hope to do a little better there. The new house is wonderful and I live a lot closer to AMS hill. Hill repeats=fun. Hoping to do the duathalon at the camp. Don't think I will do any cyclocross races just because most are a long way away. Looking forward to getting my road bike pimped by the Bike Hub this winter. See Ya outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment