Friday, October 15, 2010

Wigwam Wipeout





Sorry about the late blog post. Tired after the race and busy week at work. I think we stayed at the park till 530 watching the awards and enjoying some oktober "fest".
The race was fun, I still had bronchitis for the race. I don't know if that helped much but, I felt faster during the race. I Pre rode on saturday and enjoyed the course changes. I was suprised by how dry the course was after our biblical summer. The equalizer felt easier except at the top it was very loose. I didn't get a very good spot on the start so I just hung back and rode with the guys around me. I had a good couple of laps just kinda staying where I was at not really passing many people. Than I took a curve just before the roots of evil and wiped out on the loose dust on hardpack. BAM down I go on my chest and belly with my face in the dirt. I sat up and tried to catch my breath half stunned. I got a good 6" scratch on my stomach to show for it and a bruised shoulder. What happened? I think I just slid out on the loose dust. This happened to me 3 times during the race. I have been riding the XR1 bontys all season and noticed the same thing early this summer. The only thing the seem to be good for is tacky soil conditions. I think I am done with these tires except maybe for cheq 40. It could just be my lack of skills too but, its time for new tires. Other than that got back on and finished the race. Only rode the equalizer once. I had to keep putting a foot down right at the very top. It was a fun day and I didn't mind the scrape. I am motivated to start training for next season right now. I'm not going to though. Hopefully I see you at the duathalon at camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment