Saturday, May 14, 2011

Stump Farm 30


Today I went to race out at the Reforestration camp. Its the home course gotta race it right? I was contemplating racing the 60 miler but over 5 hours on the bike in the rain didn't interest me. If it had been drier I might have? The camp is really wet this year. So entire sections of the course were closed off. It was pretty low turnout probably due to the rain. It was a Le Mans style start. The bikes were set up about 100 yards down the trail. The lady from Trike to Bikes said go and we took off running. It seemed slow so I started sprinting. I was the first to reach my bike but, by the time I got there I was tired I couldn't jump on it. I just kept running with it for a little while. I got on the long leadout and realized I was way over my LT. So I pushed it a little and tried to recover at the same time. I was second on the leadout and caught the leader but, then 2 guys squeaked by me right before the singletrack. I rode with one of them for the first singletrack. Then he another guy rode away from on the next section of double. SO I was in 4th while riding with Vogels and another guy. We 3 rode together until the quad hills. I was feeling better and started to ride a little faster. I got a gap on the 2 of them and kept riding. I saw Vogels a little later and he said he broke his shoe. So I learned a new Tactic, attack when your Oppent breaks his $300 shoe. He probably would have beaten me if his shoe hadn't broken. SO after that I rode solo for the second lap until the middle of the third. Two guys caught me toward the end of the third lap. It was disappointing but, I didn't have anything to chase them with. I finished 6th and managed to not to freeze to death. The high today was 47 and it started drizzling at the start of my 2nd lap. Definitely need to clean my bike. Those quad hills are easier backwards. The race course was ok. The shouldn't have inclued the really wt section near the end. There were other options. Results will be here.
Good job to the other guys on The Bike Hub/Specialized. I know Jesse Shoemaker finished 2nd in the 60 miler. Not sure where Jesse Sharpe finished. Good job to Tyler and Ben Welnak they were both riding strong today.

No comments:

Post a Comment