Friday, October 16, 2009

Boygan Race Report


What a fun race. It was a blast to go to sheboygan and compete in my second comp race. I used to think sheboygan was a technical course until I raced bear paw the previous race. The new Top Fuel might have had something to do with too. So the race started out pretty typical. The starts in Comp are faster than in sport. So I just hung toward the back on the start and tried not to get in peoples way. The leaders were flying and I felt like I got boxed in by a few slower people. Then when we got to the first single track, Dead stop. Kinda figured something like that would happen before the race. I think I heard there was a crash in the top 10? Oh well not like I expected to do well. So first lap went well. Climbed the izer got the 5 spot. Second lap stuck behind 2 females in first section of single track. Couldn't get by till the road. By that time 5 other guys had caught up to me again. Jump to early out of single track and realize I'm going to run right into this chick. Slam on brakes and Hes down. Crap now I have to pass all these people again. Second lap went well otherwise. Climbed the izer again but, no more money. Third lap was going great just kept reeling more people in. Especially on the road portion, I was flying up that thing. Got to the crick crossing and spun out on the bank. Had to get off and run. Then I tore bibs wide open while jumping back on. Showing off my pasty white man flesh. Climbed the izer again, popped up front wheel at top. Kept going though. Fourth lap I caught a guy I recognized from bear paw. I had stopped when I heard a elite was coming through at bear paw and 2 comp guys went by then. Didn't know at the time but, I had been in 3rd place. So this was the guy that took 3rd. So I yelled at him on the course, he probably thought I was crazy. Passed him by and never looked back. Fourth time up the izer I got to the top. Popped front tire up brought it down and fell over. Just didn't have the power after almost 2 hours. Sped off to the finish, tried to catch 1 more guy but, couldn't quite. Final results 25th overall 3rd in age. I am really looking forward to next year especially the camp and wausau which suit my riding style. Plus I need to get the Top Fuel set up for me. I never even adjusted the shocks. Just went and rode. I have to say that bike is a ROCKET ship. Felt so confident on that bike it was crazy. Just pick your line and go. What roots? What rocks? I didn't do the log jump because my front tire was low. It had around 20 psi in it. At one point I hit a rock and felt the rim hit hard. So after that I babied it in the corners and jumps. Or it could be I'm a wimp.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blog-o-spere world. Good Race. Keep at it, and you won't have any problems. You need a cooler profile picture. :)

    ReplyDelete