Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Decade Same as the Old Decade


I hope not. The Ohs Ohs sucked. Went for a little ride with the guys on New Years. Sixteen Miles in 1:34. Pretty slow but, we picked it up the last half mile or so, had the old legs burning. Lifted on wednesday nite and skied 1:30 on thursday. So I was kinda worn out. The Picture is stolen from Shaun. I 'm the one with my arms in the air. Sorry I think I had too much coffee. Went well with the below zero windchills. Lifted again on Saturday. Hit 420# on the Leg Press. It is hard but, I should be able to hit 460# in a couple of weeks. I don't know if I am really building any strength or just using leg strength I already had. I didn't do any intervals on the elliptical and feel pretty good right now. I have found stretching right after working out really works well for me. Something about the muscles being warm maybe? Sunday I will be skiing with The Shoe at The Camp. I plan on doing at least 2 hours there. Then time to go home and watch The Pack play. My old neck injury kinda flared up again while I was lifting. I think I slept on it wrong last night and it didn't like me doing seated rows. I think I need to throw away my second pillow. I mean really why do we need to sleep with our necks bent at a 45 degree angle? Babies don't complain with no pillow. So why do we need one as adults? Probably just habit I guess. I am going to sign up for a spin class at the Y on mondays. That should start getting my legs ready to switch over to mostly biking toward the end of Febuary. I also reserved a hotel room for my family at the Kalahari in the Dells. Place is huge I love it there. Go if you haven't ever been there. I am going at the end of January. See ya outside.

1 comment: