Thursday, January 21, 2010

Rest Week



Ok rest week what to do? Seem to have some upper knee pain this week. Think I banged it on tuesday? So I have just been iceing and pounding the ibuprofen. I think if I take friday off also I should be back to normal. Its kinda boring not going to the gym. So what to do lets take apart the squeaky bottom bracket! Half an hour later many dirty rags and greasy hands its back together. Though now I'm wondering if I should have cleaned the bearings themselves? Like this guy. They don't seem super smooth anymore. Maybe I'll order some new cups? We'll see. They have plenty of miles on them already. On the plus side my bottom bracket area is probably the cleanest its been since new. Starting to get the itch to start riding again. I think my training plan is keeping me motivated. So probably ski this weekend for sure. And if I feel really good I will test. If not I will test on monday. As you can see by the picture now I can say I have one fast part on my bike. See you outside.
Quick update. I also rotated my handlebars down so I could ride in the "drops" a little easier. I also raise my seat slightly. Something I tried on my other bikes last fall. Light spinning for half hour and then stretched. Get some sleep and see how I feel in morning.

1 comment: