Sunday, April 4, 2010

Dirtervals



Weekend update: Went for the Bike Hub ride on thursday. That was a fun fast ride lots of people who showed up. I would guess close to 50 people? It was nice to see if I could still ride up at the front. Took some good pulls and felt good. Friday I vegged because, after the Bike hub ride I had to work from 8 till 12:30. Then the wife worked and I had no time to ride. Saturday, I spent all day moving about half our stuff. Thanks for the help Erik but, you still owe me at least 4 more moves. Three more weeks then we have to get out. So sunday afternoon I went out to That Place North of Green Bay to do 3x20min intervals. I like to do them on the double track loop. I don't know if they have the same quality as on the trainer or a flat stretch of road but, I like to get out in the woods. It is as dry as bone. Like mid summer dry. Like don't drop a match or Smokey will kick your ass dry. So after I finished the intervals I hit some of the singletrack. That was fun too. Almost ran over that guy in the photos. Some him at the last minute and swerved. He was pissed after I carefully moved him off the trail with a stick. Don't know what he is, garter? Couldn't find any pics that matched him on the internet. If any of the 2 people that read this know, drop me a line. There were a lot of people riding out there but, I'm not sure if it is "officially" open. Didn't make the LBL ride because of the moving but, it sounded fun. See ya outside.

3 comments:

  1. That's no garter...
    Eastern hognose perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the guy we saw last year!!!! He was hanging out in the middle of trail. I almost took him out. He was really pissed at me. I have no idea what kind of snake he is. I too looked for photos and couldn't find anything. I remember him being much bigger with fangs and hoods. :-) That's my story at least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a western fox snake aka a pine snake. Almost took him out. If you look close you can see my wheel mark angling away from him.

    ReplyDelete