Sunday, March 21, 2010

Longest Ride (So Far)

Met up with some Flyers at the usual spot. 10 oclock rollout ended up being 10:15 or so but, whatever. Kept nice pace crossing 29 and over a nice hilly course. Felt good to climb some hills. Didn't sprint for anything, really wanted to though. I knew I was going to put some good miles in. After stop at Hr-nis-ra and eating we set off for Kaukauna. My first trip this year. Other than than a 5 mile stretch due west into the wind it wasn't bad. Not sure if I took my fair share of pulls but, I wanted to make sure I would make it home. Stopped for some of the best French toast I've ever eaten. Whilst at the cafe I found out our home sold. Cool. Only two weeks. Rode with the Swede and the Shoe till De Pere. Then soloed down Broadway thru the ghetto to my home. I finished with 82.5 miles and 4:45 in the saddle. Kinda wished I had used some butt butter. My longest ride ever. Not sure if I want to do that again anytime soon. We'll see. Now things get interesting...

1 comment:

  1. You sold your house in TWO weeks. Lucky. Were sitting on over 3 months with 2 showings.

    ReplyDelete